Oromia Development Association (ODA) is implementing project entitled “Promoting and scaling up of climate smart agriculture (CSA) in south west Oromia” as part of the agriculture, livelihoods and conservation initiative in two selected Woredas in I/A/Bora zone. Therefore (ODA) invites committed, experienced and competent applicants at zonal level who will coordinate agriculture, livelihood and conservation project activities at zonal level.
Number of position – (One)
Type & terms of employment : Full Time Fixed term employment contract
- Responsible for planning program, implementation, coordination & supervision of all aspects of the project to make sure objectives are met at zonal, woreda and community level.
- Facilitate communication with local government leaders to get support towards project implementation
- Work closely with zonal and woreda agricultural and environmental protection offices as well as community level experts in the promotion of climate smart agriculture initiatives
- Ensure stakeholders & community support to address key environmental problems with all relevant zonal stakeholders
- Provides regular technical support for Woreda, and community level agricultural and environmental conservation experts
- Work with zonal agricultural office to enhance community engagement on forest conservation and rehabilitation of degraded area in the intervention kebeles
- Support the establishment and management of nursery site as per the plan in collaboration with woreda officers and stakeholders
- Facilitate regular review meeting & refresher trainings for agricultural experts, DA, small holding farmers, women and youths in collaboration with woreda project coordinators
- facilitate the establishment of women voluntarily saving and loan association (VSLA) and youth groups with relevant woreda stakeholders and lead their capacity strengthening on Agri- business activities
- Ensure accurate & timely collection of data, analysis & reporting based on the requirements at woreda and zonal level
- Preparation and submission of quarterly financial and programmatic reports to the regional coordinator
- Support VSLA on economic strengthening and access to finance to create their own business in the area of Agribusiness
- Responsible to perform other duties assigned by his /her immediate supervisors.
Qualification and Skill
- MA/BA degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Natural Resource Management, Rural Development, Livelihoods , Environmental conservation and related fields.
- Written & oral communication skills in English, Afaan Oromo & Amharic are mandatory.
- Basic skill in Computer is compulsory
Work experience – Minimum of two years for MA and four years for BA in coordinating ALC and related projects in NGO’s, government organizations. Experience on livelihood improvement and agriculture value chain activities is an asset
Applicants are expected to submit their application letter, curriculum Vite & all necessary original & non-returnable photocopy documents Applicants are expected to submit their application letter, curriculum vite & all necessary original & non-returnable photocopy documents within 5 consecutive calander dayss starting from Novemeber 18, 2021 GC : I/A/Bora zone I/A/Bora zonal ODA Branch office Metu Town, Telephone :04744120004 or 0917217738 or through e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ø Guarantee & clearance from previous employer are mandatory to be employed for the position