Job by International Rescue Committee – IRC
(Job Id: 323552 | 559 Views) Posted 00 UNK
About The IRC
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in si regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Duties and Responsibilities;
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as main technical focal point for the Field Office/five camps electromechanical activities related to troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical parts (pumps, generators, control systems, etc—) of water supply systems of Melkadida refugee camps and host community.
- Identify gaps, plan and organize on job training to build the capacity of the Water Technicians, Assistant Water Technician Officers and Plumbers in Melkadida refugee operation in consultation with the Senior EH Manager at Melkadida and the Water Technician Manager at Addis. And also prepare advanced trainings which will be conducted at advanced workshops by well qualified and skilled consultants.
- Organize main and central electromechanical workshops at Melkadida and mini electromechanical workshop at Bokolmayo and Heloweyn.
- Ensures that all the five camps water system generators, pumps and fittings at production and distribution systems, tap stands, water storage tanks have enough back up easily moving parts.
- Support the Water Technician Officers in preparation of detail specification including item description, part # and quantity of spare parts necessary to fix identified problems on electro-mechanical parts (pumps, generator set, control panels, etc) of water supply schemes.
- Support the Water Technician Officers to identify & ensure the procurement of tools and equipment’s required towards operation & maintenance of the water supply systems including generators, pumps and control panel for pumps;
- Follow and monitor the water Technician Officers to prepare & put in place monitoring plan for the operation & servicing of the generators and pumps;
- Follow, support and monitor the Water Technician Officers to keep records of fuel consumption, generator working hours and electromechanical equipments performance indicators during the operation and maintenance phase and report to the Senior EH Manager and Water Technician Manager.
- Follow, support and monitor the Water Technicians for their involvement of community on the water management provide the necessary technical support to WASHCos both at refugee and host community for their operation and maintenance activities at water point.
- Prepare, weekly and monthly progress reports and keep the supervisor informed of the maintenance and/or installation of electro-mechanical parts;
- Visit the generators and pump on daily bases and provide guidance and advise for the operators and maintenance team
- Support the Water Technician Officers in Installation and major maintenance of generators and pumps in the water supply systems
- Follow the procurement of electromechanical consumables and equipment’s at both Field Office level and Addis level.
- Conduct inspection of the electromechanical equipment’s during procurement and outsourced maintenance.
- Assist the Senior EH Manager in project proposal development and quarter and annual reporting regarding to electromechanical operation activities.
EDUCATION and YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Electromechanical, Electricity, Auto Mechanics, General Mechanics or related and who have excellent experience in surface water management and
- at least 6 years relevant experience for first degree and 4 years of relevant experience for post graduate degree holders;
- NGO experience is preferable.
- Excellent Experience in surface and submersible pump operation and maintenance
- Computer literate in word and excel.
- Good writing and spoken skill in English
- Good interpersonal skill to work with a team
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter only through IRC career site:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.