Purpose of the position:
Water Quality and GIS Officer All water supply schemes built by World Vision Ethiopia needs to be tested for water quality and be assured that all systems to be potable in water quality before commissioning to the community, this task is not optional rather a mandatory task that will be managed by the Water Quality and GIS focal person. In addition, the position will manage WASH GIS, which helps to track all WASH systems data including mapping to be easily tracked and filled on GIS for future donor communication and data management. More over the position will be working in link with HO, MEAL department GIS part for all required supports, etc.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
· Engage in groundwater resource assessments and detail investigation in partnership with Drilling team, CPOs and APs and respective government offices Prepare detail specification of drilling supplies, pumps and pumping test supplies based on the study design document. Based on the request provided.
· Develop necessary formats and a database for water quality database capturing, analysis and report production.
· Provide technical support to WASH staffs at AP and CPO levels in implementation of Horizon GIS system and work closely with HO MEAL team.
· Work on the water quality issues and create an innovative remedial for the problems, such as treatment technologies and any other solution.
· Prepare technical manuals, Guidelines and checklists that provide guidance to the field staff.
· Ensure that the water quality of borehole drilling works are in compliance with community needs, donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and national standards.
· Take part in planning, facilitating and conducting trainings on WASH related programs (Water quality, GIS and Hydrogeology) to staff and other stakeholders.
· Work in close collaboration with drilling team, Grants team and Finance team to handle schedules for the FY.
· Financial management of Water Quality and GIS related budget.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, child protection, disability and peace building.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· 8 years for MSc and 10 years for BSc
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
§ B.Sc/MSC in Geology/Applied Geology/Earth Science, Hydrogeology/Geophysics/GIS & Remote Sensing
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
§ Experience in Water Quality management,
§ Training on GIS and database management is mandatory.
§ Other: NGO experience is preferred
Travel and/or Work Environment
· Travel to sites (about 45%) domestic
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found <a href="http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf”>http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through direjobs.com.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”