Purpose of the position:
WASH Governance Coordinator has a supervisory role for all the WASH Governance Officers and is responsible to participate and coordinate the WASH data collection system and data management activities, utility establishment, coordinate trainings to ensure the sustainable utilization of the schemes, coordinate the water safety plan performances in the intervention woredas, coordination of WASH governance and water quality assessment and monitoring activities of newly constructed & rehabilitated schemes implemented by the program in the project area. In addition, the position will coordinate and manage the establishment and capacity building activities of Water utilities, etc. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Develop training and capacity development plans for water users to improve the technical, financial and management performance leading to financial sustainability and commercial viability of Utilities and WASH federations.
- Assess regional and local level WASH policies and budget allocations for the sector and recommend improvements by designing and leading strategies to build the capacity of local government and utilities staff in key technical areas of WASH planning and budgeting;
- ·Improve the capacity of local government to plan, regulate, and monitor the performance of utilities and community managed water projects.
- Assess the existing mechanisms of citizen involvement in WASH planning, make proposals for improvement and monitor the impact on of water and sanitation services.
- Advise on institutional arrangements, roles and responsibilities in relation to the water and sanitation service delivery at local government level. Work with country institutions to develop agreements with national level government ministries to clarify responsibilities;
- Establish proper fee collection mechanism for water kiosk and other WASH projects with other revenue streams.
- Ensure the presence of appropriate water quality monitoring system and safe water chain practiced in the constructed or rehabilitated water scheme projects.
- Coordinate, participate and monitor water safety plan, environmental management and water resource management to ensure safe and equitable water utilization.
- Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, child protection, disability and peace building
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
§ Educational level required: M.Sc/BSc. in Water resource management, Water supply & environmental engineering, Environmental sciences, hydrogeology, environmental health, etc. with experience in the field of WASH Governance activities.
§ Experience: 8 years for MSc and 10 years for BSc
§ Computer knowledge (Word and, Excel).
§ Other NGO experience is preferred
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
§ Other team management exposure and basic computer knowledge (word, Excel, Outlook)
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Office-base with occasional travel to the filed.
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found <a href="http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf”>http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through direjobs.com.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”