About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Warehouse Keeper
Department: Supply Chain
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Kombolcha Offices
Required Number: Two (2)
Employment Term: Definite Period for (1) One year
Reports To: Warehouse Officer
Application Deadline: September 5, 2021
You will support activities related to warehouse maintenance and goods receipt, storage handling, monitoring, and dispatch in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure goods entrusted to the organization by donors are maintained applying established standards and in compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local supply chain accountability standards and requirements.
• Support the maintenance of warehousing/storage facilities, conducting regular inspection and cleaning of facilities.
• Preparation of the warehouse/storage facilities for goods receipt and dispatch and assists with loading and offloading activities.
• To receive CRS food commodities to safeguard with proper handling at his/her custody.
• dispatch CRS food commodities to different CRS partners, according to the allocation and complying the CRS receiving and dispatching procedure.
• Ensure to sign on the waybills, Commodity Receipt Form, Dispatch form to acknowledge the receipt and dispatching of the food and submit the summarized daily report to Commodity clerk
• Checks for possible sign of infestation every day and reports to the office immediately to get fumigation and spray service.
• Ensures that bin cards are put on respective stacks and balance quantities stated on bin cards are equal to the stack and record any spillage collected in warehouse in the Bin cards
• Prepare necessary documents for goods receipt, dispatch, damage, loss, and disposal, and file records per established standards.
• Plan and supervise the work of casual laborers and cleaners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• College Diploma in a relevant field.
• 2 years of relevant experience is required.
• Knowledge and understanding of warehouse and inventory practices.
• Able to use MS Office Excel and Word.
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Good communication and relationship management skills
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Please enter via https://form.jotform.com/212372975032555 to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, September 5, 2021.
Applications should be submitted by September 5, 2021, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a written exam/interview.
** Qualified women & persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.