Type of contract: Service agreement
Deadline for application: Seven days from the day of the advertisement
Women Voice and Leadership Ethiopia: Yesetewa Tigate project is a three-year project being implemented in Bahir Dar Town and the surrounding worerda. The main objective of the project is Ensure gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls in the project area. Specifically the project has the following objectives:
Objective 1: To improve distribution of roles and responsibilities among women and men in the target area
Objective 2: To improve economic status of women and access to decent income opportunities
Objective 3: To enhance societal norms and practices towards gender equality
Ethiopian Center for Development (ECD) would like to produce a quality Organizational manual for Gender, Grant Management, Communication strategy and Resource Mobilization. To this end all interested applicants are invited to submit their proposal based on the instruction detailed in this TOR.
Background of the Organization
ECD is a local NGO that was founded in 2004 and was recognized by the Ethiopian government as a local non-profit organization (Registration no. 1186). ECD aims to create better conditions and to improve access to opportunities for marginalized and impoverished children, young people and women, which will lead to an improvement in the livelihoods of everyone in the community. The goal of Ethiopian Centre for Development is to offer children living in poverty and young people who have been displaced, especially girls, better prospects for the future through education, training and the provision of financial support. ECD has been implementing various projects in the area of pre-school program, support for the training of young women, vocational training, training in entrepreneurship, ending child marriage, research, and the project “Safe and inclusive towns and cities”.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Consultant
- Understanding of local labour laws
- The consultant will also ensure that the Document is developed in English language. It is expected that the document will be developed is top quality.
- Strong analytical skills, including legal analysis
Estimation of Costs
Estimated cost breakdowns to undertake the manual preparation should be clearly shown in the separate financial proposal.
Timelines and Milestones
The organizational manuals are expected to be completed within 30 days. The detail work-plan need to be prepared and the plan should have to indicate the detail duration of each activity.
- Draft of each Manual.
- Final copy of each Manual
Competencies and Skills
The consultant must fulfill the following criteria:
- Should have an active professional license and renewed business license.
- MA/BA degree in Development studies, Gender, Social Sciences, and other related fields.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of relevant experience on Manual preparation
- Ability to produce and submit deliverables as per agreed on timeline.
- Demonstrable professional writing, narration, and presentation skills.
- Who can present evidence previous similar work
- Ability to work with different stakeholders.
All interested applicant need to submit applications and proposal (maximum 5 pages) in hard-copy in a sealed envelope and detail of financial proposal in separate sealed envelope to ECD head office, Addis Ababa, Bole Sub City at Haile Alem Building 7th floor or Bahirdar Branch Office with the subject line “Technical and Financial Proposal for Consultancy for Development of Organizational Manuals ” Note that technical and financial proposal must be submitted in a different envelope.