Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for System/Platform Engineer (VAS) within Technology and Information Function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Systems and Billing, the VAS Solutions Planning Engineer shall provide technical expertise in VAS solutions systems planning, software release management, capacity management, architecture design and evolution especially towards cloud & micro services, budgeting (CAPEX &OPEX), as well as articulating technical proposals for development and implementation for all VAS Products & Services offered to Safaricom customers with a goal of executing the Digital IT strategy plan. VAS Solutions comprise of all Value-Added Services which include, but not limited to, Messaging, USSD, Content delivery, Voice (RBT, IVR & Media exchange), Video, Device management and IOT solutions.
- Provide technical expertise in planning and design for new VAS solutions or optimization of existing solutions in line with the IT strategy execution plan.
- Actively participate and provide professional expertise in defining strategy, roadmaps, architecture design and evolution especially towards Cloud & Micro services or applicable technologies.
- Drive implementation of VAS solutions and integration to various network elements
- Timely delivery of project plans and architecture designs with the goal of ensuring high quality standards are met and solutions are operationally viable.
- Responsible for ensuring VAS systems are running n-1 release (latest stable release) through effective software release management plan and security patch vulnerability execution plan.
- Enhance processes and DevOps to improve delivery and increase efficiency by focusing on continuous improvement and optimization.
- Financial planning: Providing input towards effective financial planning for both CAPEX and OPEX with the goal of delivering cost efficiency in VAS domain.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on <a href="http://direjobs.com” target=”_blank”>direjobs.com
then Click on the apply button.