· Serve as a strategic partner to the Senior Leadership Team (Core Team) by integrating of support functions in the organization’s overall mission and WV Tigray Response operational strategy.
· Lead the development, implementation and or review of strategies and systems for each department/unit to ensure they are aligned to set standards and policies, responsive to internal and external customers and cost effective.
· Work with functional lead to develop, implement and review the operating plans and budgets and support other Divisions and projects/programs to prepare their own budgets relating to SCM, IT and Administrative Services
· Provide line management to the functional leads of Supply Chain Management, Information Technology, and Administrative Services.
· Mentor, coach and develop the capacity of functional coordinators under the program support unit into competent, accountable and high performance teams.
· Promote WV Christian identity and values and lead by example.
· Lead or participate in spiritual sessions and reflections
· Be committed to actively work and live in accordance with WV’s Mission, Values and Christian beliefs.
· Review and evaluate the effectiveness of Support functions on annual basis
· Monitor support services to ensure optimum client service and satisfaction, including liaising with all functions outside support unit, for required support.
· Coordinate with functional leads implementation of necessary changes.
· Take appropriate action to address internal and external audit results and recommendations as they relate to the Support Functions.
· In cooperation with all other functional leads make sure necessary policies and procedures are in place and monitoring system is in place.
· Monitor and supervise all aspects of program support to ensure compliance with strategy, organization rules, regulations, policies, and standards of accountability, ethics and integrity and achievement of results.
· Constantly monitor and analyses the operating environment to identify potential risks and take action/refer critical issues for intervention to ensure delivery of results.
Closely liaise with the Operation Managers in order to troubleshoot any issues that might cause interruption in the support services management.
· Education: Master’s Degree in Business administration, Supply Chain/ Logistics Management, Project Management or Finance and/ or any professional / postgraduate qualification in the relevant field
· Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience s in middle or senior management in World Vision or comparable organization
· Substantial knowledge of country legislative framework at all levels.
· Ability to form and maintain solid relationships with wide range of different stakeholders, partners, co-workers.
· Evidence of high level written and spoken English language abilities.
· Experience in Leadership role within the core strategic team
· Demonstrated ability in financial management skills
· Ability to speak Tigrinya language.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, Lotus Notes or similar database, email and internet programs. Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
· Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in a continues changing environments
· Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
· Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
Working Environment / Conditions:
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”