Duties and Qualifications
Scope of Assignment:
The Reporting Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain an up-to-date compendium of key stakeholders involved in the execution of the MYP, their key priorities, as well as roles/responsibilities related to the GCR.
- He/She will be involved in the day to day reporting of the implementation progress of the MYP ensuring succinct and timely information is availed to the Executive Office to facilitate engagements with strategic partners and decision-making.
- Participate in relevant Executive Meetings on the MYP and GCR, ensuring that key discussion points and follow up actions are explicitly highlighted.
- Ensure proper documentation of critical information associated with Ethiopia¿s GCR Pledges, and any other reports deemed relevant to advancing the MYP and GCR in Ethiopia i.e. for both federal and regional interventions.
- Work with the various Units at the Branch Office (Protection, Program, External Relations, and Tigray Emergency Response) to obtain inputs for reporting to the Executive Office. The assumption is that these Units will manage engagement with their colleagues in the Field and will therefore have a full view of the aspects being reported from the Field Offices.
- Compile key findings of research work undertaken by UNHCR¿s Ethiopia Representation to facilitate implementation of the MYP, and any other information materials (briefs, policy notes, and analyses) undertaken by the GCR Partners; which is relevant to the broad focus of the MYP and UNHCR¿s vision relating to refugee inclusion.
- Provide support in the preparation of promotional materials such as brochures and briefs with a view to ensuring that the messages communicated are consistent with the technical and political-economy aspects relating to the GCR pledges for Ethiopia and MYP Objectives.
- Strengthen knowledge management role of the Executive Office to ensure that it is aligned with the GCR agenda including all strategic partners¿ priorities targeting refugee inclusion.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Office.
Skills and Competencies:
- A good understanding of the Ethiopia Country Context (national and regional).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French/Arabic is an added advantage but not a MUST for the role.
- Demonstrable report writing skills. (Provide previous reports ¿ Structured/Innovative)
- Excellent research, analysis, and documentation skills with evidence of research methodologies used previously and how effective they were in communicating outcomes.
- Proven presentation, oral and written communication skills (Evidence of Creativity ¿ graphic-pictorial-appropriate mechanisms is an added advantage)
- Good interpersonal skills including strong coordination abilities, effective working relations with other teams, and excellent collaboration with internal/external partners.
- Demonstrable planning and time management skills showing how well He/She works under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications is A MUST.
- A Knowledge Management Mechanism for the Executive Office aligned with best practices focusing on the GCR Pledges for Ethiopia.
- A Report detailing key – lessons, challenges, and recommendations on how to enhance Reporting on the GCR within the Ethiopia Representation.
- Standard Templates for future reporting across the different units.
- Reporting/Supervision/Performance Evaluation:
The Reporting Assistant will be directly working under the Executive Office and supervised by the Representative (who will seek support from the Technical Leads depending on need). The Assistant¿s performance will also be assessed by the Executive Office at the end of the assignment.
- Be a recent graduate (within one year of completion of their studies or current & have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies), in Development Economics or Majoring in a Degree in Monitoring and