Immediate Vacancy Announcement
Transparency Ethiopia is a civil society organization registered as an Ethiopian charity (Local Organization) and a fully accredited chapter of Transparency International (the global coalition against corruption). It is a non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit organization which makes a fight against corruption and promotes ethics and good governance.
Currently, TE with its implementing partner Initiative for Social Accountability Promotion is implementing a project entitled “Ensuring Participation of Actors for Transparency and Accountability of Institutions to Support the Fight against Corruption and Promote Democratic Governance and Rule of Law in Ethiopia” with the financial grant secured from European Union Civil Society Fund 3. For the successful implementation of this project Transparency Ethiopia would like to invite dynamic and diligent applicants in the following position;
- Will be responsible for the coordination of the regional office
- Will be responsible to facilitate the Free Legal Aid service of the project
- Will organize and lead community conversations and trainings
- Lead and monitor interns who work for the Advocacy and Legal Aid activity
- Communicate government offices and other stake holders to create multi-stake holder groups
- Facilitate meeting and training venues, book hotels and other halls when required for trainings
- Sort and organize regional program files effectively
- Write reports on weekly basis to the program Coordinator and the ALAC Officer
- Write and Submit monthly reports to the Executive Director on the status of major activities of the unit.
- Plan, organize and implement activities such as trainings, workshops, seminars, forums and other related events;
- Create a suitable strategy to make coalition with like-minded individuals and organizations in the region;
- Communicate and disseminate the work /activities of TE to stakeholders and the general public in the region ;
- Promote and strengthen contact between TE and relevant governmental and non-governmental organizations in the region ;
- Translate letters and promotional documents of the organization to the region language and from the region language to Amharic and English
Report to: Transparency Ethiopia’s Project Coordinator
Number of Staff required: 1
Duty Station: Hawassa (Sidama Regional State)
Term of Employment: One year with a possibility of extension
Interested applicants are invited to send their application letter, Motivation letter to join the organization and the anti-corruption movement in not more than a page, CVs and non-returnable copies of educational & work experience documents via either of the following email addresses:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com ,firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in 10 consecutive days from the date this announcement is posted.
Office P.No. +251-118-279746/342741