ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Term of Employment: One Year possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Oromia (Addis Ababa),
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: 7 Sep 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
ATA has been established to identify and address systemic bottlenecks on agricultural development and transformation agendas. Considering ATA objectives, the Regional ATA coordinates and facilitates ACC programs and implements different projects across the value chain. The performance reporting officer is expected to successfully organise and lead the planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting processes of programs and projects.
The performance reporting officer directly reports to the Regional Market Linkages & Strategic Services Director. This works in providing effective support in planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and progress reporting for decision-making processes within ACC program. To successfully achieve the performance reporting activities the officer should possess strong analytical skill, result based management and communication skill.
Responsibilities for the performance reporting officer includes, but not limited to: –
Manage, lead and organize planning process of Regional ACC program in order to produce standardized target setting.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development and use of appropriate planning techniques, provide technical guidance and leadership to ACC program.
- Provide close follow up and supervision for timely and quality annual target setting with and implementation processes.
- Assist the Regional directors and professional staff to develop relevant Regional level indicators.
- In consultation with respective directors, organize and facilitate Regional annual action plan.
Ensure effective implementation of ACC annual targets through monitoring, evaluation and learning processes to achieve high standard ACC program deliverables.
- Coordinate and conduct Regional ACC monitoring and evaluation activities based on performance indicators.
- Provide technical support to Regional experts in developing standard tools and templates.
- Provide technical support and Organize documents and share experiences and lessons learnt among experts.
Ensure timely and quality Regional reports in order to track ACC program implementation statuses.
- Design reporting formats and ensure their effective utilization for leadership and external support decision-making and lead overall Regional report management: –
- Ensure quality data collection, analysis, compilation and submission.
- Facilitate reports, presentations, summary dashboards of assessments and results.
- Work closely with ACC teams to provide necessary data/evaluation results (including case studies, success stories and lessons learnt).
- Provide feedbacks for continuous improvements on existing reporting tools.
- Develop Regional ACC capacities on reporting techniques and methodologies
- Validate and share Regional monitoring, evaluation and learning reports
- Prepare and submit Regional reports to the relevant verticals and document properly.
- With the approval of the Regional RED, the officer can share data/documents with external stakeholders.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et by mentioning the position title on the subject line.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.