JOB TITLE: Quantitative Data Collector Immunization and COVID-19 Survey
LOCATION: Addis Ababa and Oromia
REQUIRED NUMBER: 16
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for 2 Months
Each survey team will consist of four data collectors who will collect survey data. The data collectors will be responsible for administering interviews and competing questionnaires on electronic data forms (using tablets). They will contact local officials in each EA to inform them about the data collection operation and obtain their cooperation; identify boundaries of EAs, list households, collect the study data in all the households in each EA; conduct quality control (QC) of collected data; and regularly submit quality data to team leaders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist the team leader in contacting local officials in each enumeration area (EA) and informing them about the listing operation to obtain their cooperation
· Assist the Team Leader in identifying the boundaries of the EAs
· List all households in the EA in a systematic manner
· Locate the structures and households in the sample, and completing the Household Questionnaire
· Identify eligible respondents in those households
· Interview all eligible respondents in enumeration areas using the appropriate questionnaire and tablet
· Return to households to interview respondents who could not be interviewed during the initial visit.
· Check tablet to be sure that all questions were asked and the responses are recorded
· Maintain good team spirit with the assigned supervisors.
· Collect data as per protocol, including following skip patterns, and asking questions as stated in the questionnaire.
· Report all best practices and challenges to the supervisor
· Forward to the supervisor all completed data daily
· Work under the supervision/guidance of the field supervisor
· Provide culturally competent anonymous and confidential counselling, referrals, and related services for the survey participant who are victims of violence.
· Adhere to COVID-19 mitigation strategies at all times
· Participate in all required COVID-19 testing
· Participate in daily screening for COVID-19
QUALIFICATIONS AND EPEREIENCE REQUIRED
· At least a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in a health related field (nursing, health officer or midwifery).
· Engagement in field data collection experience during the last three years
· Experience working with Android devices to collect data; comfortable with basic functions of navigation and data entry software like ODK
· Documented counselling and/or social services experience
· Ability and willingness to stain in the field the full 2 months of the survey.
· Ability to organize assignments and work independent of frequent supervision
· Experience in previous population based survey (s) is an asset.
· Experience in use of computers, especially with computer assisted personal interview (CAPI) is an asset
· Ability to communicate in local language(s) is required
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic or Oromiffa
· Good health standing as the fieldwork may demand extensive travel on rough roads