Purpose of the position:
Project quality Control &Assurance Specialist is responsible in ensuring the technical quality of each water supply system on real terms based on approved standards or specific site drawings, Construction Quality Guideline (CQGL), established standards and quality assurance mechanisms. Develops and initiates standards and methods for supervision to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities implemented by the project. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
· Plan, Manage the Quality Assurance of WASH Project design, implementation as per the annual, and project lifetime plan.
· Ensure the implementation of the Water Works Component of the project complies with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards.
· Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
· Provide real time and consolidated feedback for areas of improvement in design, quality of construction, training and reporting to the respective responsible person.
· Ensure that data collection methodologies used at field level are standardized, enabling the specific technical requirements based on design specification to be captured and analyzed; Make sure that verifiable, quantitative data is collected and analyzed for the project across all operational areas.
· Ensure that monthly quantitative data analysis and update is shared with relevant stakeholders to inform program design and review.
· Conduct monitoring visits of WASH implementation and carry out field level supervision.
· Prepare and ensure all internal and external reporting requirements are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well analyzed data; promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
§ Experience: 5 yrs. for M.Sc and 7 yrs. for B.Sc. and with minimum of 5 years on relevant WASH project/ program quality assurance/control experience in an international NGO or similar organization;
§ Technical Training qualifications required: WASH Projects Management
§ Other team management exposure and computer knowledge (word, Excel, Water CAD, ARC GIS).
§ M.Sc /B.Sc Degree in Water Resource Engineering, Hydrogeology, Sanitary Engineering, Hydraulics and other related fields
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
§ Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook) and advanced knowledge of current up-to-date design software.
· Advanced knowledge of application software such as Arc-GIS, WaterGEMS, Global mapper etc.)
Working Environment / Conditions:
§ Office based with frequent travel to the field
§ Travel: 60% Domestic travel is required
§ On call: 40%.
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found <a href="http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf”>http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through direjobs.com.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”