Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Project Coordinator, Youth entrepreneurship and Employability who will be responsible for the project day-to-day implementation within the project-targeted area through providing both programmatic and administrative support.
What we provide…
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!!
As a Project Coordinator, Youth entrepreneurship and Employability, you will be in charge of the following:
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
The Must haves:
- B.A. in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, development studies or other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in youth employment and livelihoods, marketing, micro enterprise development, community based financial service, micro finance
- Experiences in working with youth empowerment program/projects
- Good command of English, written and spoken
- Experience in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and understanding of youth empowerment, entrepreneurship and employability
- Awareness and understanding of social development issues including gender, education, youth skill training.
- Understanding of human resource development and training planning
- Strong networking, partnership and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of micro business and value chain business development
- Experience in budget development and knowledge in financial management
- Understanding of enterprise and value chain business development.
- High level of communication skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Positive and professional approach: highly organised, results oriented, using initiative and keeping commitments
- Computer literacy (MS Office and MS project)
- Experience in community mobilization and stakeholders’ management
- Knowledge of national policy developments in the area of youth empowerment, entrepreneurship and employability.
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Prior experience working in INGO
Excited to take on a new Adventure…….
“Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people.”