Job by Plan International Ethiopia
(Job Id: 309111 | 85 Views) Posted 00 UNK
- Respect the dignity of beneficiaries, carers & community members at all levels.
- Plan and implement OTP/SC activities as outlined in the protocol to achieve objectives of the project.
- Throughout the project implementation, work with and ensure transfer of capacity to HEWs and HWs in each health posts and SCs of target woredas.
- Ensure that the HEWs and HWs provide quality SAM case management services to children under five year in accordance with the MoH and SPHERE standards.
- Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC and TSFP) according to national/international guidelines.
- Support community-based volunteers (FDAs) for the implementation of the community component of the project (OTP/SC).
- Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality medical and nutritional care through existing resources.
- Ensure the health post is always and at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and medical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
- Assist HEWs and HWs in the planning and promotion of awareness creation on health and nutrition key messages dissemination in the community.
- Organize quality registration, recording and documentation of patient-related data in the OTP and SC according to national protocol thereby ensuring accurate data collection and reporting to worded health office and PIE’s project office according to approved formats.
- Participate in the organization and delivery of nutritional trainings for health worker and HEWs in the Woreda.
- Ensure that cross cutting issues (disability, gender, HIV & AIDS and Gender) are mainstreamed all levels of team activities.
- Nursing diploma from a recognized health colleges with at least two years’ experience post qualification and with valid registration/practicing license
- 2 Years of experience with INGO/NGO of Infant and young Child Feeding practices /treatment of malnourished children in Community Management of Acute Malnutrition is advantageous
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in July 6.2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link <a href="http://direjobs.com/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx”>http://direjobs.com/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx through <a href="http://www.direjobs.com/”>www.direjobs.com
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.