1. Context of the mission
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) involved in humanitarian interventions, operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
In June 2017, MdM had conducted an exploratory mission in corridor AA- Djibouti, focused on the Afar part (zone 1) on Sex Work/GBV/SGBV for 3 years project under title: “Reducing SGBV against Sex Workers on AA to Djibouti Corridor focused in Afar region Zone 1.
This job description may be subjected to permanent modification following the evaluation of the activities.
2. Hierarchical & Functional links
- Project M&E officer will be based at Semera field office with a frequent travel to the project sites (Asayita, Dubti, Logia, Duchoto and Mille).
- Project M&E officer will work under the direct supervision, responsibility and the authority of the project coordinator and technical link with Medical coordinator in Addis Abeba.
- The M&E officer technically supports PSS officer, legal advisor and DIC officer on data collection and analysis in their respective activities.
3. Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and regularly strengthen the program monitoring and evaluation system
- Regular follow up and monitoring of project activities and progress of achieving project output
- Make recommendation and improve logical framework and other documents
- Provide feedback for project team on project strategies and activities and suggest ways for improving program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists project staffs, government health workers and implementing partner in managing regular data collection formats, reporting formats and project data base.
- Ensures that MdM delivers on all internal and external M&E requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information and ensuring safety and confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Ensure verifiable quantitative data is routinely collected, cleaned, enter to data base, monitoring tool and analyzed on time.
- Ensures quality, consistency, completeness and timeliness of data collection among all project clinics and outreach activities; as well as for operational research purposes
- Document hardcopies of report formats of different project and research activities
- As required on site, to liaise with and maintain links with partners and stakeholders
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly or biannual reports on project progress on all activities
- Participate, facilitate and contribute to review meeting and other workshops in the project and support the project team in preparing relevant documents and reports.
- Participate and support and handled data management tases during an assessment and researches to be conducted in the project area.
As team member
- Participate in objective setting, performance management and supervision activities.
- Participate in ad hoc activities as required
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Organize and facilitate different trainings.
- Perform other duties assigned by the head office or at field level
Basic salary: 20,060.00 ETB, 30% hardship allowance plus 1,300.00 ETB transport allowance
Starting date: ASAP
Duty station: Semera, field office
Contract duration: 6 months
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form at the following link https://forms.gle/tptAgjQiUXPbvTAs6 (Note: Please make sure all the information that you provided in this form is true and accurate) and email by stating the position you are applying on the subject line of your email through email@example.com
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.