JOB TITLE: Logistics Officer-Transportation- (Ethiopia Health and Wellness Survey (HWSE)
LOCATION: Addis Ababa
REQUIRED NUMBER: 1
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for 4 Months
ICAP Columbia University (ICAP) is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. ICAP in Ethiopia, in partnership with Central Statistics Agency (CSA), the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other partners, is planning to conduct a Health and Wellness Survey (HWS) to estimate the prevalence of violence against children and youth in Ethiopia, which will help to design future interventions and prevention strategies. In addition to providing important programmatic information to the Ministry of Women Children and Youth (MoWCY), the Ministry of Health (MOH), and other relevant stakeholders, the survey is also highly valuable to educators and researchers. For project implementation, ICAP would like to hire experienced Logistics Officer – Transportation.
More information on the project is available from:
Reporting to the ICAP Transport Coordinator, the Logistics Officer -Transportation is responsible for the facilitation of transportation for HWS Project staff, and provision of other logistics supports required for the implementation of the Project.
· Ensure that rental vehicles deployed for ICAP operation are technically fit, and facilitate for the yearly vehicle technical inspection,
· Keep up-to-date records for each and every movement of vehicles
· Monitor fuel consumption for all vehicles that are deployed for the project operation. Reconcile fuel consumption with the actual KM traveled, and facilitate for fuel replenishment,
· Crosscheck the vehicle log sheet with the vehicle rental payment request and settle payments in a timely manner
· Make sure that all rental vehicles are covered with the appropriate insurance policies,
· Ensure all transport operations follows ICAP SOP and transport procedures
· Closely work with survey team leaders to plan trip arrangements
· In collaboration with HWSE team, coordinate drivers’ training before deployment
· Ensure field vehicles get service on time; follow up conditions and report problems on time
· Perform other related tasks as assigned to him/her by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· BA in Management or related discipline
· A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the area of Transport Management /logistics
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other department staff, managers and external bodies.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Proficiency in relevant computer applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email