Organizational and Program highlights
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO) is a registered non-governmental organization. ISHDO has been funded by USAID Ethiopia as prime under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to implement three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program in Oromia Region. The Program will be implemented in partnership with other subs local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high-impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity in selected 41 woredas of Oromia regional state.
The purpose of this award is to strengthen local HIV epidemic control to achieve the goal of 95 percent of individuals living with HIV know their status, 95 percent of persons living with HIV initiated antiretroviral therapy and 95 percent of on antiretroviral therapy achieve viral load suppression by 2030. HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children will focus on case finding and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression, and establishing interpersonal, family, and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14-year-old children).
The Logistics Officer will report to the Executive Director and he/she will be responsible for managing and coordinating transport and operation support services of ISHDO. He/she will responsible for providing supports to the ISHDO office through developing a robust Logistics system that ensures transparent and accountable fleet management and vehicle allocation. He/she will also be responsible to ensure the timely maintenance, service, annual inspection of vehicles, and prepare vehicle status reports. Provision and control of supplies for all the project activities according to their need and plan.
· Coordinates to all units for timely program implementation by providing operational and logistics services.
· Accountable for the compliant processing of all training materials, training venues, catering services, among others that are needed for the program operations according to the Procurement Policy
· Responsible for safekeeping the hard copies and soft copies of fleet management forms, store documents, distribution reports, and other pertinent documents relating to logistics and material management.
· Accountable for the accounting, maintenance of kitting of goods/equipment for the program. This includes keeping and monitoring store records of all goods that are received and dispatched.
· Identify what goods/equipment needs to be replenished, purchased, and/or dispersed.
· Issues assets to staff and tracks assets assigned to staff through the Asset Register.
· Oversees and directly manage ISHDO’s fleet concerns that include the daily movement of the program and support staff, mobilization of program supplies for distribution and for training/workshops, observance of safety & security management of drivers (both ISHDO drivers and rented vehicle drivers), and submission of the monthly Fleet Analysis.
· Responsible for keeping track of all supplies received and dispatched and for keeping documentation for these movements intact, including acknowledgment from beneficiaries for distributed goods/kits.
Assist and accommodate the implementation team in all of the administrative and logistics support needed
Required education and experiences
· First degree in Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, business management. Economics and other related fields.
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant, full-time work experience in Logistics and operation Management and Administration
· Experience working in the development field, preferably in NGOs, with donor-funded projects
· Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and the regulatory framework of Ethiopia
· Attention to deadlines and detail-oriented, particularly with regard to operational service agreements, contracts, and other related legal documents
· Team player, and able to work independently
· Management Skills: influencing skills; Effective mentoring and motivational skills; Problem-solving orientation
· Work Values: Fair with impeccable integrity; Attention to and consistent achievement of deadlines
· Interpersonal Skills: positive professional attitude Gender-sensitive; Highly committed and motivated;
· Skills in determining priorities
· Excellent written and communication skills in the English language
· Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems
ISHDO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and application letter through DireJobs within 10 days from the date of the announcement.