Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Logistics Assistance is responsible for:
The logistics assistance/storekeeper is responsible for all warehouse operations activities at PA level including receipt, storage, control and issuance of supplies and equipment; receives deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse transactions, maintaining records and overseeing storage of camp level fixed assets records property. The post holder also plans, organizes and controls of camp level stores/stocks in a professional manner ensuring prompt, efficient and quality service to the concerned units including but not limited to ordering, receiving, storing, issuing and securing food and non-food items as per the location requirements, nature of items and produce monthly store report to Emergency logistics Coordinator.
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE
• S/he is responsible for preparing effective activity and budget planning, M&E framing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in collaboration with relevant district government offices and target communities at their respective districts and villages. She/he ensures integration as well as smooth teamwork within Plan and across government WASH sectors in the districts. Key components of the position include also establishing a system wherein all stakeholders take up their roles and responsibilities, strengthening networking, developing and strengthening partnerships and mainstreaming of child centered community development standards in the target districts. Through capacity development and advocacy, and by promoting change in behavior and norms regarding WASH and gender equality
• The post-holder will be based in Debre Birhan.
• The post holder will report to Emergency Logistics Officer
• Maintains records of all incoming and outgoing deliveries of requested materials.
• Receives, stores, tags and tracks property; prepares inventory lists for items to be disposed.
• Receives and stores documents; maintains record of approved basic store documents.
• Handles and documents storage and transportation of items.
• Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner.
• Ensures questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and property.
• Receive and properly stock any purchased and supplied items in a way that suits proper material management.
• Update the stock records timely, and prepare issue vouchers and submit timely warehouse report to Emergency Logistics Coordinator.
• Ensure that storage areas, facilities and equipment meet the minimum requirements and standards.
• Control incoming supplies by checking brand, quality and quantity of good received against the actual order, packing list or dispatches. Follow PIE’s receiving procedures strictly while receiving the deliveries. Reject any unacceptable items and inform immediate supervisor accordingly and technical requestor staff members.
• Store perishable items immediately upon delivery and all other items as soon as possible.
• Ensure the accuracy of data inputs while using computer software for stores management.
• Advise Emergency Logistics Coordinator about slow moving/non-moving items, excess stock and potential spoilage.
• Keep store keys at safe places during and after working hours.
• Ensure all store transactions are carried out in compliance with the store and fixed assets guidelines.
• Ensure that all accidents, fire, loss, theft and damages are reported to Emergency Logistics Coordinator.
• Ensure proper usage and maintenance of all equipment in stores.
• Ensure that procedures, instructions and policies given by the Emergency Logistics Coordinator and Program Area Manager are clearly understood and implemented and monitored in the area of responsibility.
• Inspect, receive and keep all materials and inputs supplied to the office, and issuing GRN after recording all the necessary records.
• Keep and update all the necessary records for items supplied to the PU.
• Record and issue GRN for all items supplied to store, and issues materials issue vouchers for all items taken out by properly recording and maintenance of all the required information and signatories.
• Distribute timely completed regular store vouchers to Emergency Logistics Coordinator, and properly maintain completed pads of any GRN and Issue vouchers.
• Coordinate camp level fleet management, perform additional duties as assigned by emergency logistics coordinator and ERM and handle camp level loading, offloading labour works, assure timely payment and financial settlement.
DEALING WITH PROBLEMS:
• Resolves challenges and issues as they arise while discharging storekeeping responsibilities.
• Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
ADHERENCE TO PLAN INTERNATIONAL POLICIES
Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Policy and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant implementation standards and guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct, their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
Internally: Effective interaction with Emergency Logistics Coordinator, Emergency and logistics support staff and other PA Staff.
Externally: Medium level of interaction with suppliers and other external stakeholders
The nature of the job demands frequent travel to hosing community to reach out the beneficiaries.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH COMMUNITY
High level: Frequent interaction with community
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualification and Experience
• Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supplies Management and/or other related disciplines with 5 years or 3 years of relevant experience respectively.
• At least two years of experience in storekeeping, warehousing, stock control or related work in NGO.
• Excellent knowledge of MS-Office software suite.
• Ability to solve problems, take initiative and plan the tasks
• Flexibility with time to work extra hours when the project requires
Skills specific to the Post
• Must have knowledge and experience in storekeeping.
• Knowledge in basic bookkeeping.
• Must be keen to details.
• Must have strong built to carry supplies.
• Strong human relations skill.
• Strong communication skill.,Good team building and motivational skills.
Competencies and Values
• Ability to organize own work and a high value for time management.
• Value and teamwork oriented
• Working with a minimum level of supervision
• Honest and trustworthy
The closing date for the application in June 22, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application through DireJobs.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.