KEY AREAS OF ACCONTABILITY
- Represent the program and & the implementation of the PVH program action plans of the target wereda/towns.
- Accountable and responsible to create a detailed implementation plan (DIP) of the project for the wereda
- Ensure youth Facilitator is deployed on respective target kebele level training centers
- Ensure Youth Facilitator/s engage in community mobilization, need identification, planning and effective implementation of program activities.
- Regularly visit field activities and provide formal and informal feedback to the project manager/staff in terms of adequate and inadequate progress as well as recommendations for improved performance;
- Build the capacity of youth facilitator its partners at wereda level in technical issues pertinent to the sector;
- Continuously assess project’s context, assumptions and changes in the working environment to ensure that the project focus, strategies and activities remain relevant and to proposed adjustments when needed.
- Ensure the implementation of project activities in accordance with the DIP and with the aim of 100% achievements of project results and objectives.
- Ensure feed backs are gathered from participants and beneficiaries on the Youth livelihood curriculum and program activities for further improvement and possible actions.
- Establish wereda/town level linkages and partnerships with private sectors, MFIs, GOs, NGOs, TTIs etc and maintain existing partnerships in wereda/town level.
- Work with Life Skills Trainers to plan activities on a quarterly and weekly basis;
- Ensure that gender issues are properly addressed during the process of the project planning and implementation in the wereda;
- Provide technical backup along with close coaching and mentoring support, to enable Life Skills Trainers to work effectively in the implementation woreda & kebele;
- Maintain and create good relationship and collaboration with government ministry offices in wereda/town level.
- Ensure that the YES centers are equipped and well informed to provide the necessary services and information to business starters and unemployed youths to find jobs.
- Participate and contribute for program development and planning meetings
- Facilitate the involvement of volunteers from different sectors to support the program.
- Develop ToR and issue procurement requests (PRs) for any program related purchase.
- Produce wereda level program plans & reports are good quality, regularly updated and timely produced and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Organize periodic (Quarterly, BI-Annually) review meetings involving all relevant SHs (including project staff, project managers, partners, other functions) to assess all project management documents and evaluate if project is being implemented on time, achieving results and quality.
- Contribute to the training of the project beneficiaries;
- Represent the program and delivery of coaching and training activities under respective Woreda with the support from program Coordinator and Regional program manager.
- Facilitate and coordinate the components of youth workforce development activities, like facilitate trainings, provide coaching and organized mentoring and work placement programs for unemployed and underemployed youth.
- Support Youth Facilitators in community mobilization, need identification, planning and effective implementation of program components.
- Facilitate the active participation and building of trust with communities and other stakeholders and work closely with IGAs, TVETs, youth associations, private sectors, FTCs or PTCs, Youth focused government organizations, training institutes and etc
- Communicate effectively with program staff and partners to identify needs and develop alternatives business solutions.
- Produce timely and quality of periodic reports to relevant recipients.
- Develop team sprit among staff.
- Organize periodic meetings with other program staff at wereda/town & kebele level.
- Maintain program files and related documents at wereda level.
- Coach and record participant personal development plan (PDP) progress
- Organize workshops and trainings under the direction of the project Coordinator.
- Ensure regular communication between SCI and communities at wereda level.Work closely with Woreda Women, Children and Youth Affair Offices/other partners.
- Be part of the planning team of the PVH program staff at Woreda level.
- Develop quarterly activity plans and reports in close consultation with the Woreda program officer
- Be the translator of local languages for other program staff, consultants and visitors.
- Accurately express SC position, objectives and policies.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the project coordinators
- Carry out other duties as requested by the project manager.
- Ensure proper implementation of identify young budding entrepreneurs and youth having potential to become entrepreneurs.
- To ensure the effectiveness of network of entrepreneurial young leaders.
- To ensure effective partnership and link the target groups with private companies and association, training entities and Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)
- Liaise with potential employers in the area and identify employment opportunities.
- Identify Potential Economic Opportunities of the wereda.
- Build good networking with other YES services in the wereda.
- Establish and maintain formal and informal communication mechanisms with private sector, community partners and other stakeholders as relevant in his wereda.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibility- giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing them the necessary developments to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team) takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for SCI, engages and motivates others.
- Future oriented, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.