LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com) is a Recruitment & Outsourcing Company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa.
We are looking to hire Land Lease Specialist for a project we are working on with an International Client.
The Specialist, Land Lease is responsible for coordinating activities of external agents towards the acquisition of new site build in accordance with the leasing and permitting operations in support of the new build (BTS/BTF) rollout program; ensuring timely acquisition of ground leases and permits within customer defined timelines. Ensuring candidate sites are in compliance with Permit Regulations and client requirements, and managing contractors engaged for the purpose. He/she is responsible for ensuring that all Land lease data and all correspondence for each site including memos are saved/ maintained and up-to-date in existing applications/project related database(s) i.e. Smartsheet, Siterra, Ms. Teams and archived in the site folders. This position requires strong negotiating, closing and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment. Other responsibilities will include obtaining permits and approvals from various regulatory authorities.
- Manage the deliverables of the site acquisition project which include: candidate reports, lease.
- Monitor the quality and delivery of reports to client and from partners.
- Coordinate the drafting of negotiated leases, delivery of documents to the landlord and follow-up with landlord to ensure fully executed documents are returned in a timely manner
- Manage quality control over the drafting and proofing of recordable transaction documents prior to legal department review.
- Establish and manage the relationship with all regional land holdings registration and information offices
- Liaise and work with external counsel and internal legal team to review, resolve, draft and execute leases
- Manage and administer the preparation of permitting applications.
- Supervise outside vendor partners, acquisition and permitting agents, and others to ensure sites are adequately permitted and transactions closed within defined timeframes.
- Establish and manage the relationship with all centralized and decentralized/regional land management, planning and permitting authorities/bureau/offices
- Coordinate, Raise POs, liaise with other department and ensure payment associated with the acquisition of permits are done
Data Management & Reporting:
- Responsible for ensuring that all Land lease and permit data and all correspondence for each site including memos are saved/ maintained and up-to-date in existing applications/project related database(s) i.e. Pre OTM and archived in the site folders in the designated archive room.
- End-to-end management and control of all incoming and outgoing documentation (including internally generated documents) generated by the department.
- Maintain a tracker and produce weekly report for management on status of acquisition for new build sites(ie. Leases and Permits).
Administrative & Coordination
- Responsible for tracking deliverables between the Property Management department and stakeholder departments such as Legal and Finance.
- Handles communication with landlord and archiving of same.
- Creates purchase requisitions and performs data entry tasks in company proprietary accounting systems.
Project & Site Visits:
- Travel to sites to meet with landlords for complex negotiations. Conduct site visits/inspections to resolve issues that may lead to denial of site access.
- On ground support for BTF/BTS program during the startup phase. This will include making visits for a selected sample of nominal locations identified from each major region to gather intelligence on lease/rent cost, assess viability of candidates and document the process to rent.
- Support the induction of shortlisted acquisition and permitting partners into the system by training them on company process and documentation requirements.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Approximately 60-70% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 30-40% travel within Ethiopia may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Land Management/Development Planning, Estate Management would be an advantage.
- 2-4 years’ work experience preferably in Site Acquisition/Property Management in telecoms, utilities or networks organization.
- Fluent in Amharic and Oromiffa languages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English and Amharic)
- Working knowledge of Landlord/Tenant Law & Practice and Permitting regulations in Ethiopia.
- Able to use Microsoft (MS) office applications eg. Ms Word, Excel & PowerPoints
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents; legal descriptions, survey, block plans, ground leases, easements, purchase contracts, etc.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced and process-driven environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to email@example.com, by putting Application for Land Leasing Specialist in the subject box.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.