LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com) is a Recruitment & Outsourcing Company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa.
We are recruiting a Lab & Production Manager on behalf of a Client in the Optics sector.
Lab and Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the labs, implementation of the process and controls, achievement of targets & KPIs, and preventive maintenance as well as any specific objectives given by the management. Direct reports are Operations, and CS staffs in Ethiopia.
- Manager of full spectrum of lab functions/production i.e. Customer service activity, Surfacing Coatings, Glazing, QC, warehousing, invoicing, shipping.
- Responsible for timely delivery of jobs in terms of the agreed turnaround time.
- Responsible for the manufacturing cost, CAPEX budget and continuous improvement associated
- Set process flows and ensure adherence.
- Achievement of daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and targets.
- Ensure products Quality
- Responsible for timely and correctly ordering of all consumables, and spare parts to ensure continuous availability of produced products.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of all the lab equipment in terms of the servicing and maintenance schedules provided by the supplier or technical teams.
- Set up periodic training of technical staff for them to understand the process and to keep abreast with new technology and products.
- Assist sales and CS team to understand technical aspects in ordering and specifications required to ensure inflow of correct orders in the lab.
- Ensure implementation and respect of EHS / Compliance policies
- Support strategical volume ramp up and growth. Has to maintain the capacity to the level of business needs.
- Support the implementation of new capacities and new technologies planed in new premises.
- This role is a manager’s role as a there is a team in place to support the day to day activities
- Coordinate all Operations topic with all entities, ensure good follow-up of their technical requirement in following fields, push improvement topic to them in the following fields:
- Industrial performance
- New product introduction
- Capex requirement
- Be the “Operations” point of contact when leveraging central support teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma engineering or related fields.
- Min 3-5 year’s relevant experience (in an Optical lab management is a plus).
- Technical knowledge on lens manufacturing as well as edging-fitting is an advantage.
- Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels.
- Good MS Office skills particularly capabilities in MS Excel.
- Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to support and interact at all levels of organization.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Timely and Quality delivery on daily output of jobs.
- Monthly reports on volumes, operations and yields.
- Yields , customer return to be in line with Essilor standards
- Production cost VS the target
- EHS indicator within our SOT / Essilor standards
- Minimizing breakdowns and operational efficiency by periodic maintenance of lab equipment and ancillary machines.
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to email@example.com, by putting Application for Lab & Production Manager in the subject box.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.