GIZ-Internal Vacancy Announcement #158/2021
CLM – Climate Sensitivity Innovation for Land Management
Since 2008, the Ethiopian government, namely the Ministry of Agriculture, operates the Sustainable Land Management (SLM) program to reverse land degradation and increase agricultural productivity in the highlands. The SLMP aims at reaching two million households in more than 7,000 micro-watersheds in Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP and Tigray.
GIZ provides technical assistance to this national flagship program since its inception, at national, regional and local levels. The new program module “Climate-Sensitive Innovations in Land Management” (CLM) will run from July 2021 to June 2024. It focuses on capacity development of SLM actors through policy and institutional advisory, field-level coaching and advisory services, training, networking, piloting field activities, research, communications and digitization. In terms of digitization efforts, CLM, along with the Extension Service Directorate, is striving to:
- Produce digital training modules for SLM-related topics.
- Establish a methodology and process architecture for the development of training modules
- Strengthen the Ethiopian ecosystem for digital solutions development
- Harmonize collaboration between the ICT Directorate, the NRM Directorate, and the Extension Service Directorate in the MoA with regard to the development of digital training modules.
The position supports with the digitization activities.
Contract duration: Until December 30, 2021
Required Candidates: One
Responsibilities and Tasks
- the communication and coordination of international and national consultants, including their visits
- the preparation of contract supporting documents and contract monitoring
- Managing the logistics for workshops, events and meetings
- During agile management processes, remind colleagues of their appointments
- Updating various information management documents, e.g. the list of contacts and their responsibilities
- the coordination of implementation of IT related activities, e.g. for the internal digitisation of GIZ CLM
- Drafting official letters, e.g. to the Ministry of Agriculture
- updating and maintenance of MS teams and DMS
- Coordinating hackathon and other awareness raising activities
- Perform other assignments as required
Qualifications and professional experience
- University degree graduate in communications, architecture, engineering, IT or another relevant field
- Fresh graduate who finished their studies within the last six months
- Proven good knowledge of English and Amharic language, written and spoken
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Good knowledge of ITC technologies
- Verifiable skills using packages such as MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to draft communication material without major errors
- High affinity towards ICT related topics
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in an intercultural setting and network
- Ability to work independently, unsupervised and as part of a multicultural and international team
- Proactive attitude, solution oriented and willing to learn
- Appropriate appearance and attire
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Internship #158/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”