Job by Plan International Ethiopia
(Job Id: 323604 | 1215 Views) Posted 00 UNK
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for ICT Coordinator for Country Office who will be reporting to the ICT Manager.
ACCOUNTABILITY and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
- ICT Standard, Annual Work Plan and Strategy (15%)
- Ensure adherence to corporate ICT standards at CO, Oromia PA and other assigned offices.
- Participate actively in the preparation of ICT strategy and annual work plan and ensure its implementation
- Ensure Plan ICT policy, procedures and guidelines are implemented effectively
- IT operating plan developed and communicated
- Maintain an effective liaison with ICT service providers and other relevant stakeholders
- Design, Implement and Manage of Reliable ICT Infrastructure (35%)
- Design, Implement and manage reliable IT infrastructure that suit for the business by ensuring IT security issues
- Manage plan corporate system like SAP(ERP), office 365,and ADDS etc
- Provide first line support, network and systems administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of corporate applications to ensure smooth ICT operations
- Monitor hardwares, LAN and connectivity and take appropriate actions
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
Design, Implement and Manage Digitalization and Automation (20%)
- Participate actively in new ICT Systems Project Rollout, testing and certification to improve accessibility of Plan ICT systems
- Design and implement successfully new automation, digital and innovation systems
- Support projects to use right ICT4D technologies
- Ensure all corporate systems and new digital tools are effectively implemented and used in the CO, Oromia PA and its sub offices.
Implement and Manage Systems and Reporting (15%)
- Provide a timely ICT disaster recovery to ensure ICT business continuity
- Ensure efficient utilization of ICT Infrastructure to reduce wastage and to ensure return on investment of ICT resources
- Complete effectively a monthly Network security implementation and performance report, ICT systems management report and quarterly hardware and software report for monitoring ICT security incidents, systems utilization and hardware and software usage
- Responsible for the delivery of IT services in the CO and Oromia PA according to service level expectations and for ensuring service management processes are understood and followed
Capacity Building and Support (15%)
- Support and conduct trainings on new policies, standards & procedures
- Enhance the capacity of staffs on digital skill and new systems
- Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
- Education at BSc Degree level study in fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and other related fields of specialization.
- 5 (five) years of demonstrated experience in relevant and technical experience
- Knowledge of an ERP system
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Meraki and Cloud Computing Technology
- Basic of Windows server 2012 and Windows 10 OS
- Knowledge of networking and communication technologies
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
- Basic understanding about leadership and working with teams
- Proven knowledge about Microsoft Windows, SQL Server, Exchange server, office 365
- Basic knowledge about ICT project management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Strong team-working and coordination skills
- Good interpersonal and public relation skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong technical skills in ICT and Digital Development
- Ability to explore about new technologies and to share to others
- Networking and partnership development
- Solutions orientated focused on programme outcomes
- Experience in preparing and submitting business cases
- MCSA Certification is preferable
- Languages Required
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is September 2, 2021. Please follow the link provided below to apply:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.