Closely assist overall drilling operations at HO, including wells drilling and pumping tests of own force deep wells well completion report preparation and pumping test data analysis and evaluations and all payments including, AP charging, support in evaluation, verification and documentation of groundwater development studies and reports at HO level, done in WV intervention areas.
· Support drilling operations team at HO, in overall drilling operations, particularly in performance based payment preparations and AP charging of the own force drilling and electro mechanical works;
· Support in the compilation and documentation/maintenance of all outsource and own force payments and well completion reports of the drilling and electro mechanical works.
· Assist in the review and documentation of ground water development project documents of shallow and deep water wells of both own force and outsource projects.
· Support in analyzing pumping test data and recommend the appropriate electromechanical equipment;
· Participate in the preparation of monthly, biannual and annual progress reports of the Drilling Operation Team at HO;
- Educational: B.Sc. in Geology/Applied Geology/Earth Science or M.Sc. in Hydrogeology
- Training and experience requirements:
- Professional technical skill desired in drilling operation, i.e. proven/well-experienced in water well drilling supervision.
- Experience: For B.Sc 6 year experience in supervision of drilling operations of water wells.
- Preferred: M.Sc Hydrogeology and 4 year experience in supervision of drilling operations of water wells and analysis of pumping test data.
- Computer knowledge (Word and, Excel)
Knowledge of specialist thematic software such as pumping test analysis software and GIS software are essential.
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
The Job is for maternity cover for only Four Months.
3. Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
4. Place of Work: Addis Ababa, National Office,
5. Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits scale
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found <a href="http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf”>http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through direjobs.com.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
* we do not accept those who don’t write position title on the subject line