- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Open minded, willing & able to lean and try out new things
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with all levels of an organization
- Ideally English & Local language skills
- Good Knowledge of Road Freight market in Ethiopia
- Strong change management skills
- Ability to analyze and improve business processes
- Project leadership and project management skills
Key capabilities / Competencies
Competency segment ‘Business’
- Analysis: Breaks down a problem, situation or process into its component parts, separates the main issues from side-issues, understands the nature of parts and their relationship to one another. Seeks out and critically evaluates both numerical and narrative information. Draws accurate conclusions.
- Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools.
- Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
- Results Orientation: Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
Competency segment ‘Leadership’
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help colleagues. Supports group decisions.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
- Accountability: Acts responsibly. Can be counted on to keep commitments.
- Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner.
- Self Management: Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under pressure. Stays positive