ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Finance Officer (Re-advert)
Term of Employment: Short term – Maternity replacement
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: June 27, 2021
The Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) has been established by the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to identify and address systemic bottlenecks to Ethiopia’s agricultural development. The Agency does this through problem-solving, implementation support, and capacity building of stakeholders involved in the implementation of interventions that address the systemic bottlenecks. The Agency reports to the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Development and is Secretary to the Transformation Council chaired by the Prime Minister.
The programmatic focus of the Agency responds to a core set of needs identified by the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Development and the Transformation Council. Within the Agency, issues are divided into four different pillars: Production and Productivity which includes Inputs and Crop Protection, Livestock, Research and Extension, Mechanization and Rural Finance; Environmentally Sustainable and Inclusive Agricultural Growth including Sustainable Irrigation and Watershed Management, Sustainable Land Management, Gender and Nutrition, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Targeted Livelihood Support, Biodiversity and (temporarily) Planning and MLE; Agribusiness and Markets including Market Support Services, Commercial Farming, Agro-processing & Market Development, and Cooperatives Development; and Enhanced Implementation Capacity which includes ICT, Private Sector, and Organizational and Human Capacity. In addition, the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters Initiative is another critical focus area for the Agency. Across the programs, the ATA engages public, private and non-governmental stakeholders to support strategic planning, manage and strengthen implementation capacity and test innovative models.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution to changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Finance Officer is responsible for the execution of financial transactions, recording, reporting, and any auxiliary or supporting activities, and budget and reporting related activities. Financial transactions include payment requests, vouchers, payroll, and disbursement activities. Supporting activities include data management, budgeting, and planning, and reporting-related activities. Although the financial officer is responsible for the execution of all these activities, s/he may be asked to focus on, or be responsible for, a specific subset of activities based on the instructions of the Finance Manager or the Finance Director. This position reports to the Sr Finance Officer.
· Ensure efficient and timely processing and recording of transactions:
- Process all disbursement-related transactions, including check requests, periodic or recurring payment requests, and standing instructions.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of petty cash requests and reimbursements.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of batched invoices.
- Ensure processing of cash collections, cheques, and bank transfers.
- Ensure complete and accurate financial records relating to financial transactions being processed.
· Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
- Interface with HR and ERP HR Module/employee data module to ensure accurate and updated information on employees, contractors, and casual staff.
- Prepare regular management payroll reports.
- Prepare and process monthly payroll for employees, contractors, and casual staff and ensure payments are released timely and accurately.
- Process the payroll payment records on ERP.
- Respond to employee queries on the payroll.
· Ensure timely and accurate processing of treasury activities.
- Monitor, record, and report cash flow for the organization
- Ensure periodic bank records reconciliation.
- Ensure up-to-date fixed assets registers and inventory records.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of transactions in General Ledger and ensure reconciliation.
- Ensure accurate coding of financial transactions.
- Process direct payment requests for donors and partners.
· Ensure timely and accurate data management.
- Ensure management of ERP databases and hardcopy records.
- Assist in tracing and analyzing transactions, records, and financial statements.
- Support all audit-related query resolution and data provision.
- Maintain service and vendor records, and personnel records as applicable.
- Ensure data verification in transactions by ensuring complete supporting documentation for transactions, verifying and correcting records, and obtaining further information for incomplete supporting data.
- Maintain all up-to-date records in ERP as well as hardcopies ad mandated by compliance requirements.
- Address all information requests pertaining to the financials of ATA.
· Support the analysis and validation of budgeting and budget tracking.
- Conduct analyses and validate and review budgets periodically.
- Assist in the coordination of budget preparation and support in the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Execute periodic budget tracking and reporting activities.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by Finance Manager & or Sr Finance Officer.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to Recruitment@ata.gov.et
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply. Recruitment
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.