The Finance Officer is responsible to undertake the finance related issues of the grant. The Finance Officer will handle the day to day financial activities related with the grant and assist the program staff by providing proper analysis meeting all the donor requirements. The incumbent will support the Finance and Administration manager in ensuring compliance with the donor regulations and ensuring the implementation of financial policies and procedures for effective financial resource management, utilization and safeguarding of WVE assets
· Facilitate local travel and business advance and medical payment requests and pass the necessary entries and follow up their settlement. Handle disbursement activities at HO level as per the financial manual and internal financial policies and guidelines. Follow-Up long outstanding advances of the project staffs and payables on monthly basis and keep records up-to-date. Journalize and summarize transactions by cost center and send hold data for review and posting.
· Participate in annual plan and budget preparation and assist project areas in reviewing cash flows. Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the project’s support cost charge vs budget. Follow grant projects at implementing districts and monitor charged costs according to their nature and purpose. Ensure grant compliance are maintained like LDR. Collaborate with internal and external auditors for the grant audit. Comply with World Vision Ethiopia’s accounting policies and procedures, both written and unwritten, and report any instances of non-compliance.
· Provide accurate and timely financial data of the project, regulatory reports on VAT, applicable reports to project areas as needed and work together with the project staffs to prepare project pipeline analysis. Collect appropriate financial information and develop periodic financial reports meeting the donor and WV standards
· Undertake the drilling cost recovery financial transactions and asset management periodically. Provide assistance, as needed, to the Finance Manager on accounting issues.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· Experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· Qualification required: BA in Accounting or related field
· Experience: minimum of 6 years of experience in business management experience INGO and for profit
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Excellent working knowledge of government/donor regulations and requirements. Fluency in English and local language. Technically competent with various financial software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found <a href="http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf”>http://docs.direjobs.com/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through direjobs.com.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”