Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Emergency Logistics and Admin Officer is responsible for:
This role will contribute to the quality of program implementation in Assosa PA by providing crucial support to WASH, Nutrition, Resilience through education, ECCD and emergency education and Child Protection programs.
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE
• Under the supervision of the Emergency Logistics Coordinator, the Emergency Logistics and Admin Officer is responsible for the implementation of the Logistics activities of Metekel Sub Office. He/she fulfils this responsibility through the processing and follow-up of requisitions, facilitating transportation, warehousing and distribution. The Emergency Log and Admin Officer pro-actively performs supplier management and he/she is also the Secretary (not a voting member) of the Tendering Committee.
• The post-holder will be based in Debre Birhan.
• The post holder will report to Emergency Response Team Leader / Coordinator
• Log and Admin Officer is responsible to ensure transport facilitation, store and distribution management and provide other logistics and administration supports for the operation office. Processing and follow up of goods and service requests in the Sub Office
1. Procurement and supply Management
• Performance of transparent transactions, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented
• Ensures that purchased items and services meet the stated requirements and takes care of delivery to the Program Area office.
• Collection of information about suppliers and market conditions and reporting supplier details, product lists and price lists to the PA Emergency Logistics Coordinator and Sub office Manager/Emergency Response Manger.
• Prepare a weekly overview of requisitions processed and outstanding, including lead times;
• Receives requests for goods and services (requisitions) and ensures their completeness/ compliance before they are processed;
• Advises requestors about product description and specification, prices, lead times and availability, promoting standardization, value for money and economy of scale;
• Prepares comparative bid analysis for tender bids, takes minutes and reports outcome for the Tendering Committee;
• Receives/collects invoices, arranges cash/cheques and withholding tax receipts with the Finance Department and makes payments when required;
• Settles all payments and/or cash advances with legal VAT/TOT receipts on a daily basis.
• Maintains an up-to-date Suppliers List and submits the list regularly for revision and endorsement to the PA Emergency Logistics Coordinator, Emergency Response Manager and Tendering Committee as deemed.
2. Transportation and Fleet Management
• Performs regular needs analysis with regard to transportation for the Emergency activities at the sub office level, monitors service levels, taking appropriate action when necessary;
• Properly record and keep history of sub-office vehicles & motor bikes
• Follow-up on transportation issues forwarded by the emergency projects;
• Approves and signs weekly/monthly logbook, trip, and fuel records, monitors utilization, maintenance and fuel consumption for all emergency vehicles in the sub office;
• Prepare emergency fleet management reporting on monthly basis.
• Carry out a monthly analysis on emergency vehicle usage for decision making;
3. Asset and Warehouse Management
• Oversee the management of fixed asset and stock inventories; ensures their completeness and regular updating
• Coordinates the collection/delivery of goods, including adequate record keeping (GRN, GIN)
• Prepare and update a computerized fixed asset retention list and report to the Logistics Unit for disposal (vehicles, furniture and equipment) to avoid loss and misuse of Plan assets.
• Coordinate and Conduct periodical physical inventory of emergency fixed assets and stock items and produce report to be utilized by internal and external users
• Manage stock transactions in line with PIE regulations
4. Administrative tasks:
• Handle Sub office expenses within a petty cash limit under the approval of the Sub office /Emergency Response manager
• Manage Sub office equipment and infrastructure to ensure a well-running office
• Responsible for the overall running of the reception operation
• In consultation with the Sub Office Manager , make logistic arrangement including flights reservations, hotel and vehicle arrangement
• Carry out other duties such as take minutes of team meetings as requested by the supervisor
• Update the filing system and manage filing the office documents for both hard and electronic copies.
• Responsible of facilitate high level trainings, workshops and conferences.
• And other perform other duties as recommended by the supervisor
5. Staff Management
• Supervise all drivers , office attendant and log assistant(If any)
ADHERENCE TO PLAN INTERNATIONAL POLICIES
Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Policy and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant implementation standards and guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct, their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
To maximize service delivery by the department, the post holder will be required to maintain a range of good working relationships within the organizations’ networks.
Internally: The job holder has a close working relationship internally with the following departments and/or functions: Sub office & Program Area staff, project staff and various internal staff networks.
Externally: The job holder has a close working relationship externally with the following departments and/or functions: Governmental Organizations, Suppliers.
- Must work under high pressure and intensive emergency response program.
- Frequent filed travels might be required
- May also include working extra hours
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Diploma/BA Degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management Business Administration/logistics Management or related field.
• Minimum of 6 years relevant experience for diploma holders and 4 years relevant experience for BA and relevant work experience in INGO environment, involving in the procurement of both emergency and development programs.
• Substantial experience in procurement and supply management
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in computer skills and use of internet and other applications.
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; both in English & Amharic
The closing date for the application in June 22, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application through DireJobs.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.