Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Emergency Finance officer is responsible for effective financial management among others: support the coordinator in planning, recording transactions in company’s financial system, meeting compliance issues and financial reporting of all emergency related funds.
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE
• The post holder is responsible for all record keeping, reporting and compliance issues of Emergency funds. He/ She is directly accountable for cashiers at field.
• The post holder usually stay in office processing transactions, dealing with reports and others as such the travel requirement is somehow rare.
• The post-holder will be based in Debre Birhan.
• Reviews payment requests and Purchase Request to verify that all the necessary supporting documents have been attached and that the payments are for eligible expenditures as per the organization rule and regulation.
• Prepare cheque after checking all financial documents are reviewed & approved
• Prepare: – payment voucher, cash receipt, withholding tax voucher for suppliers, purchase order, journal vouchers, and submit the hard copy to be reviewed & approved.
• Prepare monthly budget vs Expenditure reports per source and update sub office manager for timely utilization.
• Prepare scan copy of GFFO Grant financial documents and submit to GNO before deadline.
• Maintain all the grant agreement file in the sub office along with their compliance
• Consolidate and forward cash flow Projection from departments/programs to sub office coordinator for compilation
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement and take action on all irregular transactions
• Prepare documentation per GFFO reporting templet
• Ensure the proper implementation of DOA (delegation of authority) in the sub office.
• Prepare all Grant reports specific to the Emergency funds and send to the PA office Emergency Finance Coordinator for compilation.
• Provide support to ensure that all grants are complete and accurate from a financial perspective in advance of grant closure
• Prepare Monthly payrolls for all Emergency staff on timely basis.
• Keep filling systems in which documents could be readily available, easily traced and ensure that all documents fulfil the appropriate source document and also give special attention for GFFO funded documentation.
• Conduct surprise cash counts handled by field office finance assistant/cashiers and report to the Program Area emergency Finance Coordinator on regular basis.
• Keep separate records of all fixed asset purchase with Emergency Grant funds.
• Responsible for the timely settlement of cash advance to Emergency field offices and report to the Program Area emergency Finance coordinator if there is any delay;
• Perform timely payment of Tax and Pension fund specific to Field emergency offices.
• Engage in partnership document review and liquidation specific to Emergency response Partners.
• Replace the task of Program Area Finance coordinator and officer in their absence/when necessary.
• Performs any other duty assigned by your immediate supervisor.
ADHERENCE TO PLAN INTERNATIONAL POLICIES
Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Policy and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant implementation standards and guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct, their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
• No contact or very low frequency of interaction or Working contacts inside and outside the organization
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• A minimum of BA degree in Accounting/Business management with five years of practical experience in similar organization
• Basic knowledge of Emergency and Finances role in Emergency.
• High level of communication both written and oral.
• Excellent Knowledge of Computer applications like Excel, Word, Access, use of email and Power point.
• Grant management and reporting skill.
• High level facilitation skill.
• Knowledge in bank correspondence and mode of payments.
• Supervisory skill.
• High level of integrity.
• Be loyal to organization procedures.
• Dependable and accurate in all reports
• Supportive and encouraging to others.
• Eager to be part of solution.
• Ability to communicate at all levels, & in difficult circumstances,
• Ability to work under pressure within a diverse team of people, and be dynamic, tenacious, and committed
• Very good written & spoken English;
• Very good communication skills with all level of staff
• Very good human relation skills, ability to explain
• Very good planning & organizing skills, very good orientation to detail
• High commitment to confidentiality
• Gender sensitivity
The closing date for the application in June 22, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application through DireJobs.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.