Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Driver based in Shashemene field office and will report to Project Manager and technically to Transport Officer.
- Driving assigned vehicle while ferrying staff or assets on official work
- Ensuring that vehicle are clean at all times
- Receiving and delivering of goods to project areas and/or anywhere else as instructed by line manager
- Checking basic maintenance(oil, coolant, water, tyre pressure, battery water) regularly, Maintaining a daily log of all trips, mileage and fuel consumption,
- Safeguarding the vehicle and all of its contents in his/her custody
- Ensuring that the assigned vehicle is well serviced and in good mechanical order
- Report any theft, damage of Amref Health Africa property on time to immediate supervisor,
- Ensure safety of all Amref Health Africa property including vehicles,
- Assist Amref health Africa staff in workshop and training venue organization,
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor
Required qualification & Educational
- The job holder is expected to have renewed 3rd level driving license.
- Grade 12th or 10th complete.
- Diploma in auto mechanics is required.
- Good communication skill in English & Amharic languages.
- Speaking local languages and NGO experience are an added value.
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through Etrecruitment@amref.org, DireJobs.com or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is September 12, 2021. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Ø Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Ø Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and application.
Ø Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.