Job by Plan International Ethiopia
(Job Id: 326341 | 516 Views) Posted 00 UNK
- Develop and submit a work plan for the employment period to PIE Benishangul Gumuz Program Area office.
- Provide technical and management support for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of child protection in emergency programmes and ensuring that the following interventions included in the child protection priority focus areas are implemented, monitored and managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders including Women and Children Affairs Office in the implementation of emergency child protection response plan. This includes ensuring that the efforts are aligned with existing government mechanisms and services to strengthen the sustainability of efforts.
- Based on needs assessment, support and facilitate capacity building of social workers and front line workers on violence, referral pathways, case management, community based child protection systems, community mobilization, integration of child protection into other programmes (multi sectoral programming); and psychosocial support as per capacity building plans. Monitor and report on results of capacity building efforts.
- Provide regular updates to the CPiE Coordinator and IDPs coordinator as well as child protection program coordinator on progress, priorities and constraints.
- Draft reports on the Case Management of Unaccompanied and Separated Children and Other Vulnerable Children as necessary/requested by the Child Protection Project Implementation Manager
- To provide overall coordination, implementation and reporting of Emergency child protection and Youth (ECP) project of PIE in the intervention areas.
- Conduct identification assessment, planning, intervention and follow-up for professional case management in support of vulnerable children.
- Organize and provide guidance for community structures to provide child protection and youth empowerment programs in the refugee camps ad host communities when necessary.
- To implement, monitor & follow up and report all CP/recovery projects in accordance with funding agreement and budget allocation made by Plan International Ethiopia’s Country Office and Program Area’s (PA).
- To assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities of Child protection and youth in Emergency and host community programs.
- Facilitate child protection project implementation in collaboration with Regional, Zonal and woreda protection offices and provide reports on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to PIE PA and CO and all concerned bodies.
- Representing Child protection in high profile different protection technical working meeting, cluster, camp level coordination meetings and other technical working group meeting as necessary.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- BA degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Child Development, Disaster Risk Management and other related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years of humanitarian aid experience applied in emergency/recovery response operations preferably in the area of child protection and youth program Activity.
- excellent knowledge of Child Protection and SGBV minimum standards and basic principles; Good knowledge of SGBV and Child Protection case management.
- Excellent knowledge of basic child protection and youth principles and child & adult development and learning
- Good knowledge of donor grants and contract regulations.
- Ability to deliver quality programs in a desirable time and work under stressful conditions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
- Computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Gender sensitive.
- Proposal and report writing skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in September 9.2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link <a href="http://direjobs.com/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx”>http://direjobs.com/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx through <a href="http://www.direjobs.com/”>www.direjobs.com
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.