Both Internal and External can apply
The Country Director, Ethiopia is responsible for programs that improve the quality of life for vulnerable children and families living in rural Ethiopia through the world-class implementation, monitoring, and evaluating of Lifewater’s Vision of a Healthy Village programs. The Country Director, Ethiopia does this by leading a team of staff and partner relationships, and regularly undertaking management/site visits to ensure consistent and quality outcomes. The Country Director, Ethiopia’s primary responsibilities include:
Leadership and Management
- Lead and nurture the Ethiopia team with passion and conviction that supports high performance, learning, and teamwork, in an organized, data-driven, and outcomes-oriented manner.
- Collaborate with other Lifewater country programs to effectively share knowledge and strengthen Lifewater’s service delivery.
- Mentor Ethiopia’s senior leadership team in Lifewater’s core values and staff standards and ensure that the senior leaders are mentoring the field staff whom they directly oversee.
- Manage the monthly activities of the Field Offices. This includes overseeing quality assurance of program design, and managing complex logistical movements of goods and people throughout Ethiopia as needed.
- Recruit and retain field staff who have the heart and capacity to implement Lifewater’s ministry.
- Oversee the implementation and multiplication of Lifewater programs in strategic locations throughout the country.
- Lead in program planning and design for new program cycles and new program launches.
- Establish relationships with church and mission networks in Ethiopia and establish a ministry partnership which includes a written activity plan.
- Review and approve quarterly budgets and monthly work plans with Senior Team and monitor internal cash flow between HQ and program offices to prevent program delays.
- Oversee timely completion of key program activities including program monitoring activities.
Networking and Partnerships
- Represent Lifewater in-country as the face of Lifewater to government and other external stakeholders.
- Proactively develop relationships with District-level actors to strengthen systems for long-term buy-in and sustainability.
- Regularly represent and participate in country-level WASH sector network meetings.
Compliance and Accountability
- Ensure proper registration and compliance with ongoing requirements for all relevant government agencies in Lifewater’s areas of operation within Ethiopia.
- Ensure on-time submission of routine reporting including internal and government submissions.
- Support development, implementation, and updating of operating manuals, policies, and procedures.
- Assume financial responsibility, including safeguarding Lifewater assets and authorizing project expenses.
- Oversee procurement and ensure compliance with procurement policies.
Reports to: Head of Global Programs Implementation
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements should send their CV, application letter, and copies of transcripts, academic degrees, and relevant training within 10 consecutive days to email@example.com