Senior CMAM Programme Officer
Number of posts
Term of Employment:
until Dec 2021 with possibility of extension
June 19, 2021
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for-profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agropastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors. GOAL E Humanitarian Response is centered on nutrition, WASH, livelihoods, multipurpose cash, NFIs and protection interventions in country wide while the recovery and development focus on livelihoods, economic opportunities, health, health and nutrition system strengthening and WASH with solid emphasis on integrated programming and community-based approach in Oromiya regional state. The Street Children programme is implemented with local partners in Addis Ababa and Hawassa.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO, BPRM and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Senior CMAM Programme Officer the CMAM Nurse will be responsible for ensuring that the CMAM protocol is implemented to run the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) programme independently in the nutrition programme.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained across all programmes including SC, OTP, TSFP, C-MAMI, BSFP, community outreach and dietary diversification.
- Undertake clinical and physical examination of all children referred to the community management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) programme on day-to-day basis.
- Follow CMAM medical protocols in the distribution of routine or supplemental drugs to OTP and SC children.
- Ensure the medical protocols are implemented in line with the Federal Ministry of Health Guideline of treatment of SAM.
- Conduct Weekly / biweekly/monthly MUAC or Twostep screening in collaboration with community outreach agents and other CMAM Nurses.
- Ensure that all the nutrition phases in the inpatient protocols are followed and implemented complying with the protocol.
- In collaboration with Refugee CMAM Nurses ensures all necessary supplies (food and non-food) are requested on time.
- Ensure that there is high standard of hygiene sanitation in the SC/OTP/TSFP/ waiting room/screening room and Blanket Supplementary feeding room.
- Undertake regular health and nutrition education sessions in collaboration with Community outreach and CMAM nurses in OTP/TSFP/BSFP/IYCF and SC. Give due emphasis for the children admitted in SC.
- Ensure that children are referred to TSFP/OTP or SC programme based on the national protocol/ international protocols considering all the criteria for referral.
- Work closely and understand the C-MAMI programme:
- Coordinate absentee, defaulter, static weight, loss of weight and follow-up with community outreach supervisor in the programme so that they could be traced and followed up.
- Work with community outreach workers to improve their ability to recognize cause and signs of malnutrition, provide appropriate education to target groups and community to help mitigate MN and refer individuals as appropriate.
- Use proper formats for item distribution and submit the documents (BDRS) on time.
- Ensure daily tally sheets are done and all the program documents (registration book, tally sheets and reports) are in the appropriate place.
- Submit a monthly and weekly statistical report to the Senior CMAM Program Officer (SCPO) on time.
- Submit a monthly narrative report in line with GE reporting template to the Senior CMAM Program Officer (SCPO) on time.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
- Diploma or Bsc degree in nursing with a minimum of two year of experience.
- Experience in therapeutic and supplemental feeding preferably in CMAM
- Clinical experience in health center or any medical institution
Desirable qualities, skills, and competences:
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language, Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live-in basic conditions.
- Ability to effectively liaise with local governments organizations, NGOs, and donors.
- Flexible and creative approach, highly motivated and able to take the initiative and work unsupervised.
- Fosters working in teams & teamwork spirit,
- Training and facilitation skill,
- Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
- Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
- Understanding of the project nature and willing to travel and live-in field site, with frequent transfer from site to site.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
- Familiarity to local culture.
- Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent, and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty, and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pr-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign, and implement different polices including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable CV & Application Letter for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the position title and Duty Station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can Only apply using the following option.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.