LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com) is a Recruitment & Outsourcing Company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa. We are recruiting on behalf of our Client in the recruitment process of suitable & knowledgeable candidate, as per our Clients specific requirements stated below:
Project Name: Agricultural Transformation through Stronger Vocational Education (ATTSVE)
The Agricultural Transformation Through Stronger Vocational Education (ATTSVE) project is designed to enhance the capacity of the Ethiopian ATVET system to produce skilled, competent technical graduates. Four ATVET colleges (Nedjo in Oromia region, Woreta in Amhara region, Wolaita Soddo in SNNPR region and Maichew in Tigray regions) have been selected for focused training and investment. The intent is that they will become leaders in change, sound institutional management, and innovation, while at the same time serving as models for teaching and curriculum reform and demand-driven programming for the ATVET system.
Overall program management and guiding the ATVETs in this project is led by Dalhousie University, in collaboration with the other implementing partners, MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates of Canada), JUCAVM (Jimma University College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine) and McGill University.
Purpose of the evaluation
The primary objective of the evaluation is to provide an assessment of the overall –achievement of the project, and quality of implementation as well as impact and lessons. The evaluation is expected to focus in particular on the outcomes of the project against the outlined results in the Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) and Logic model, in comparison to the baseline survey findings collected at the inception of the project. The evaluation findings will determine what has been learned so far and scaled up or improved for the future.
The criteria for the evaluation includes relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the project intervention with a number of key questions that can addressed and explored for the given criteria for the targeted ATVETs and their staffs and students as well as the line offices/bureaus that leads the ATVETs.
Evaluator is expected to deliver following deliverables:
- Inception report, including
- Detailed methodology and
- Tools: Objectives and key questions, Methodology, Data collection methods and detailed tools actor by actor, sampling considerations if any, timeline and logistics, etc.
- Data collection plan, including the logistical arrangement.
- Validation workshops/meeting with the project teams.
- Evaluation Final Report, not more than 25-30 pages, written in simple English. Any additional information should be provided in Annexes. The report should consist of:
- Executive Summary (1-2 page)
- Methodology, including limitations (2-3 pages)
- Main Findings by the intermediate outcomes (15-20 pages). Reflecting on key areas of the evaluation as mentioned above.
- Address concerns, lessons learned and comments from ATTSVE
- Stories of change and quotes from respondents
- Conclusions and Recommendations (5-7 pages)
- PowerPoint presentation of preliminary findings
The project will use its internal guidance, checklists and an interview process to select the successful consultant. The guidelines require the consultant to submit, a proposal explaining, their comprehension of the ToR, and how they would approach this assignment, with a summary of their methodology, especially in terms of how they plan, to meet the objectives, including a period and budget. This should include a team composition with a lead consultant and at least one other experienced evaluator and a CV of each person to be involved in the assignment, including relevant experience, a detailed budget and time availability
Required Qualifications and experience
- At least Master’s degree in International Development Studies, agricultural, Education, social science or a related field
- At least 8 years’ experience in working with Agriculture Sectors and other projects relating to education (Technical Vocational Training) and institutional capacity building
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research, data base management and statistical data analysis
- Proven track record of professional, timely and high-quality consultancy assignments in the field of monitoring and evaluation and learning of non-profit sector projects.
- Excellent English communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong critical analysis skills and attention to detail.
- Cultural sensitivity and gender sensitivity/awareness
- Experience of evaluating ATVET capacity building programs
- Knowledge and experience Gender transformative approach, value chain , CBET, business and entrepreneurships
- Sound Understanding of Agricultural TVET/TVET policy, standards and protocols
- Ability to assess and further develop a conceptual evaluation tool
- Relevant subject matter knowledge and experience regarding the thematic areas of this ATVET project
- Strong understanding of evaluation ethics and a commitment to ethical working practices
- Action-oriented and evidence based approach and strong drive for results;
- Highly developed self-management, and communication skills;
Interested Applicants with the relevant qualifications & required experience can send us their
Via Email to: “email@example.com” by putting “Job Application for Call Consultancy Service for a Project Final Evaluation”, in the subject box.
*** Make sure the Position you have applied for, is clearly stated on your Email.
Application Deadline: September 6, 2021 by 5:00 PM.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.