Job by Young Women Christian Association in Ethiopia
(Job Id: 306745 | 466 Views) Posted 00 UNK
Young Women’s Christian Association Ethiopia is an affiliate member to World YWCA; an international voluntary membership movement that connects women leading social and economic change in over 120 countries. YWCA Ethiopia was initially founded in 1962 and reestablished in 2000 then re-registered as Ethiopian resident charity following proclamation 621/2009 with license number 0237 and again re-registered with revised CSO 1113/2019 proclamation under FDRE CSO agency.
YWCA Ethiopia seeks to improve the status of women and girls and empower through intervening on its core intervention focus areas; advancing gender equality, influencing governance and planning, socioeconomic empowerment, sexual and reproductive health, access to education and young women leadership development. Currently, in partnership Malala Fund, YWCA is implementing a project entitled “Covid-19 initiative for girl’s education: selected 10 secondary schools in Adama city. with the objective for the reduction of social and economic impacts affecting equitable access to education of marginalized girls during and post Covid-19 period in Adama city.
Description: To undertake the following activities
Implementation area: Adama, Oromia Region
|s/n||Project activity description||# days||# participants||Types of participants|
|1||Organize sensitization sessions to teachers on alternative learning, re-enrolment & catch up on missed learning (Adama)||
|25||High school teachers & mgt team|
|2||Organize pre-forum formation sessions with a large group of girl students in 10 selected schools||1 day (one round)||
(50 in each round)
|Girl students from secondary schools|
|3||Organize inter-face meetings between right holders/ Girls and duty bearers / responsible government officials/ on concerns of girls to their education||1 day (one round)||
(25 in each round)
|Government educational office, Right holders and girls students|
Sensitization workshops to leaders of CBOs, FBOs, School leaders & PTA on girl’s education and burdens of care work in Adama.
|1 day (one round)||
(25 in each round)
|CBOs, FBOs, school leaders & PTA.|
|5||Organize sensitization workshops to school communities on girl’s education and creating conducive and safe school environments for girl students||1 day||50||School community and key stake holders.|
Purpose of the assignment: As part of the Malala Fund project intervention, YWCA Ethiopia intends to hire a resource person to undertake the above-mentioned activities in Adama city. Therefore, YWCA Ethiopia invites potential resource person to undertake these assignments.
- Submit proposal on methods and approaches that will be applied on each session detailing expected out put before the activities are undertaken
- Contextualized training manual development (where applicable)
- Pre and posttest training assessment of trainees (where applicable)
- Over all training/sessions report
- The lead consultant should have relevant qualification with sufficient experience and skills in delivering similar trainings and other related consultancy activities (Developmental education and Pedagogical back ground is preferable)
- The firm should provide portfolio of its previous works and CV of the lead consultant and training facilitators.
- Renewed business license of the firm along with TIN and VAT certificate
- The resource person should clearly state in his/her financial proposal the expected amount of payment for the service delivery per day