Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for an Assistant to the Program Director who will be responsible for the efficient operation of SOS Children’s village Program, Gode operations and handles all secretarial and clerical duties of the office. Moreover, she/he helps the Program Director in general with a comprehensive secretarial and administration support services that ensure a professional, responsive and effective experience as a whole.
As an Assistant to the Program Director, you will be in charge of the following:
- Assisting the Program Director in arranging and executing routine administrative, operations and general services.
- Arranging and recording appointments of the office of the Program Director and reminds him/her timely of the appointments.
- Following up pending items of the office and informing the Program Director of the situation of the matter.
- Arranging necessary facilities for meetings to take place.
- Facilitating conducive situation to keep line manager organized and productive.
- Directing written or verbal messages to concerned offices or individuals as instructed, makes necessary follow- ups of the same as necessary.
- Receiving visitors of the offices properly, provides first hand information to general queries, arranges visitors to see the head of the office or may direct visitors to other concerned offices or individuals as the case requires.
- Booking trip arrangements with ticket offices.
- Preparing requests for purchase of the necessary materials for the office
- Ensuring good housekeeping of the office.
- Performing other similar duties as assigned by the Program Director
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
Education and Experience
- BA Degree in Management or related field of study and 2 years prior experience or
- Diploma in secretarial science and Office Management with 4 years prior experience
- Outstanding Planning, Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Demonstrates willingness to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change
- Effective Communication skill both verbal and written
- Excellent command of English language
- Ability to entertain diversified tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under stressful situations for long hours
- Ability to effectively communicate in local languages
- Prior experience working with INGO
Excited to take on an new Adventure…….
“Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people.”