We are looking for a reliable Assistant logistics manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. Assistant Logistics manager responsibilities include organizing and monitoring all imports of raw material, packaging material, CAPEX and Spare parts.
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers and manufacturers
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse (in terms of space availability and location), transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full clearance cycle
- Ensure availability of all imported materials
- Maintain stock levels of ordered materials as per the agreed stock norms
- Help in achieving the supply chain objectives of reducing working capital and supplying the demand at the lowest cost
- Monitor shipments of all imported materials and take action when necessary to ensure timely arrival of material on site, thereby avoid disruption to production plans.
- Co-ordinate with Logistics service providers to ensure availability of all imported materials.
- Liase with Suppliers on rejected materials or short shipped consignments.
Co-ordinate on Sourcing issues
- Coordinate and conduct monthly and quarterly logistics service providers KPI review
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train team
- Monitor clearance lead time target
- Work on demurrage and storage reduction
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Coordinate and lead in making Unilever Authorized Economic operators
- Represent as logistics manager whenever called up on.
before the deadline.