Dereja Academy Accelerator Program Trainer
Dereja.com is a business unit of direjobs.com and a service offered by Info Mind Solutions PLC. Dereja is established within the framework of DireJobs, to address the issue of youth unemployment and to increase access to structured professional development resources. For the last four years, Dereja has been serving as a bridge by working with several universities and TVET colleges in Ethiopia.
Dereja.com has been building the capacity of graduating students on their employability skills as well as organized several in-person and virtual job fairs. Dereja pioneered the establishment of career centers across Ethiopian universities.
Through its experience of working with the youth, Dereja’s vision is to become a leader in providing implementable innovative solutions to tackle the youth unemployment problem in Ethiopia. Currently, we are looking for a trainer who can engage and inspire young people. This needs to be an individual with creative training facilitation skills that leave a lasting impression on the students. The trainer will be responsible to Implement the Dereja Academy Accelerator program and deliver the soft skills training to university students. Under the supervision of the training manager, the trainer will assume the following responsibilities.
- Work closely with the University career development center director and implement Dereja Academy accelerator program activities that take place in the university.
- Implement the Dereja academy accelerator program and assist the senior project coordinator in all efforts while the program is running to include anything from logistical setup of the program to coordinating day to day activities of the academy in the university
- Facilitate Dereja Academy Accelerator program and assist selected university students in gaining knowledge and soft skills needed to secure employment.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of the training program.
- Follow a prescribed training curriculum and calendar designed to deliver the soft skills training to the students.
- Submit a written session summary for the training manager after the facilitation of each module.
- For the betterment of instructional material, the candidate should give feedback, reviews, and ideas to assist in improving the quality of the modules.
- Commit to an initial training period of two weeks and attend ongoing training when needed or requested to do so by the project team.
- Conduct student assessments and projects to ensure clear documentation of students’ progress.
- Become a representative of Dereja.com, upholding Dereja mission, ethos, and reputation.
- Help Dereja academy team with logistics during the training. this includes arranging training rooms, organizing other training facilities, follow-up on trainee’s attendance, and collecting trainees’ feedback after every session.
- Facilitate and coordinate special events such as orientation, job speed dating, and graduation.
- Submit a weekly and monthly report on the status of the project and compile final data and reports.
- Work with university administration, faculties, and departments, external stakeholders to expand recruitment network, locate resources and facilitate networks and employment opportunities to increase the program beneficiaries’ prospect of securing professional placement
- Education on BA/BSC, Psychology, Sociology, HRM, Management, Leadership, or related social sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering training.
- Proven experience in youth professional development programs.
- Experience in developing, managing, and delivering professional development programs, workshops, and training for students and graduates.
- Have a unique and creative style of delivery, and the ability to wow young people, taking them on a memorable learning journey. Having an ability to relate with young adults easily.
- Confident in delivering training to young people he/she is meeting for the first time. This requires a strong presence, the ability to forge relationships quickly and effectively, and the confidence to use a variety of teaching techniques.
- Familiar with the job market trends and have a broad understanding of professional and personal development.
- Has a grasp on popular and youth culture.
- Has Excellent interpersonal communication skills with an approachable and friendly personality.
- Permanent resident of Addis Ababa
Skill and Quality
All trainers who will be employed by Dereja.com to work in universities will be expected to bring certain key qualities to the program. Generally, they must have a real interest in working with youth and exhibit demonstrated interest and commitment to help graduating students succeed personally and professionally. In general, we are looking for a coordinator who;
- Has training and facilitation skills.
- Is passionate about youth development.
- Has excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Has excellent Time Management and planning skills.
- Has an upbeat and fun personality.
- Has strong presentation skills.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has knowledge of career and personal development.
- Is aware of the status of the job trends in the country.
- Is creative and able to produce unique ideas.